[ 4 Powerful Words Employees Need to Hear | Inc.com | Dec 2012 ]
When you ask that way several powerful things immediately occur–especially for the other person:
- you instantly convey respect.
- you instantly convey trust
- you instantly convey you’re willing to listen
And then, best of all, you get to say two more incredibly powerfull words: Thank you
[ 10 Things Extraordinary People Say Every Day | Inc.com, Jeff Haden, January 2013 ]
- “Here’s what I’m thinking.”
- “I was wrong.”
- “That was awesome.”
- “You’re welcome.”
- “Can you help me?”
- “I’m sorry.”
- “Can you show me?”
- “Let me give you a hand.”
- “I love you.”
- … Nothing.
And in the process you’ll show vulnerability, respect, and a willingness to listen–which, by the way, are all qualities of a great leader.